Thank you for your thoughtful consideration of improvement and preservation of our beautiful and cherished Pekin Parks.
The Pekin Park Foundation, a 501(c)3 charitable org.
The Pekin Park Foundation, a 501(c) 3 Not-for-Profit Charitable Organization, serves as a means by which park supporters can help improve and beautify our parks and expand participation in its activities and programs through a well-defined Gifting Program and a long-term sustaining Endowment Program, in an effort to always further the spirit, culture and tradition of the Pekin Park District.
Challenges We Face
Now in its second century, the Pekin Park District faces the challenges of growing to meet changing recreational needs while striving to preserve tradition. As a taxing unit of government, the park works to be the best steward possible of the public funds entrusted to it. However, there are needs that arise that may not be budgeted. As an older park, repairing, renovating and replacing aging infrastructure can become expensive. By having a funding mechanism in place to meet these needs the park will continue to serve as the cherished community icon that it has become. The Pekin Park Foundation was established to be this funding mechanism as defined by its mission.
What We Do
Pekin Park Foundation
- Provides funding and acquisition assistance and in-kind donations for purchasing, developing, promoting and maintaining parks, land, buildings, facilities, equipment, supplies, activities and programs for the Pekin Park District.
- Promotes programs that serve the purposes and objectives of the Foundation, including endowment, gifting, sponsorship and volunteerism.
- Promotes other activities and developments for the benefit of the Pekin Park District.
- Compliments and enhances, and does not conflict with the activities of the Pekin Park District, a unit of local government. Maintains a close working relationship with the Pekin Park District so as not to in any way diminish the power and authority of the Pekin Park District in performing its mission of working with the community to preserve and enhance recreational opportunities, open space resources and wildlife protection.
- Engages in other activities related to the Foundation’s specific objectives and purposes.
How You Can Help
Various gifting opportunities can provide maintenance, scholarships, enhancements, improvements, recognitions, and memorials. The Pekin Park Foundation will assure your anonymity in your gift or bequest, or publicly recognize you or your family if desired. Gifts to the Foundation are tax deductible.